MUMBAI – Ford Motor Co. is taking competiveness to a new level in India with fresh product, increased production and the eventual introduction of EcoBoost engine technology in its cars here that will lower tailpipe emissions and improve fuel economy 20%. It’s all part of the U.S. auto maker’s plan to transform its Indian operations into a global-production hub for engines and small cars. Ford has said it will be investing $500 million over the next three years to expand its Chennai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.