MADRAS — An executive of Ford Motor Co.'s Indian unit says in a published report that the automaker sees a diversified product lineup as key to gaining a dominant position in the market here. Ford already makes the Escort locally and will begin selling its latest model, the Ikon, here in November (see WAI — Oct. '99, p.1), targeting about 20,000 sales. The Ikon is Ford's first attempt at designing a car especially for the Indian market. New offerings could include a small car and/or a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.