BOMBAY — Ford India Ltd. hopes it has created an icon for the 21st century that will meet the needs of the Indian consumer and establish a larger presence in an emerging market. The Indian unit of Ford Motor Co. plans to launch its newest car — named the Ikon — by year's end, company officials say. The mid-size sedan has gone through rigorous testing for India's lifestyle, culture and environment. The result: “Enough headroom to accommodate a man's turban, enough entry space to keep ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.