NEW DELHI – Ford Motor Co. is looking to sell 40,000 Ikon midsize passenger sedans in 2001, nearly doubling last year’s 22,000. Ikon, which was designed by Ford for the Indian market, is the auto maker’s most successful model here in terms of sales and exports, capturing 23% of its segment. "Ford Ikon is emerging as the world car from India," says David Friedman, managing director-Ford India Ltd (see related story: Ford India Launches Ikon). Ikon in January reportedly sold 3,075 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.