Ford Motor Co. will put $1 billion into products and plants in the Asia/Pacific market over the next several years, President Jim Padilla says. The move will further enhance the auto maker’s presence in the region, where it has invested $2 billion since 2000. Padilla says Thailand is a key production hub for its 1-ton pickups, as the Ford-Mazda Motor Corp. AutoAlliance Thailand Ltd. joint venture forges ahead with a facility upgrade and expansion that will see capacity reach 200,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.