Ford Motor Co. has acquired a 51% stake in Norwegian-based Pivco Industries Ltd., maker of a 2-passenger electric vehicle that uses nickel cadmium batteries called the TH!NK. The plastic-bodied car will be sold in four Nordic countries (Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden). Ford officials say a second-generation model will be developed, and possibly even a third, that could be sold in North America and other export markets. “We will be launching it in Europe initially,” says Jac Nasser, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.