Eiji Iwakuni, CEO of Ford Motor Co.’s Japanese unit, will join the board of Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Iwakuni has been head of Ford Japan since 1998, when he moved over from Honda Motor Co. Ltd. His appointment will be made official at a June 25 shareholders’ meeting. Iwakuni is the first auto executive Mitsubishi has ever pulled from a competing auto maker in its 30-year history. Ford has not announced a replacement for Iwakuni.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.