DEARBORN — Ford Motor Co. Chief Executive Jac Nasser says the automaker expects its newly purchased Land Rover brand to post a profit in its third year of operation and to be selling upwards of 200,000 units annually worldwide by then. The world's No. 2 automaker finalized its deal to purchase Land Rover from BMW AG for E3 billion (US$2.7 billion) on May 24. Under the deal, E2 billion (US1.8 billion) of the purchase price will be paid immediately; the remaining E1 billion (US$902 million) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.