MADRID – Ford Motor Co. will idle its Valencia engine plant 75 working days over a 12-month period beginning in March, a move it says will affect up to 455 of the facility’s 500 workers. The reduction in output, equivalent to a third of the year’s working days, is a result of sluggish sales in North America, where a portion of Valencia 4-cyl. engines are shipped. “The production of 55,000 engines initially scheduled for North America has now been reduced to only 3,000, as the car demand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.