VIENNA – Ford Motor Co. will start production of its new-generation Transit van, codenamed V347/8, in January 2006. As with the current range, the new Transit will be produced at the Ford Otomotiv Sanayi A.S. (Ford Otosan) plant in Kocaeli, Turkey, as well as in Southhampton, U.K. The majority of the vehicles will continue to come from Turkey. Ford will replace current Transit in 2006. Currently, Transit vans destined for the Turkish market are equipped with engines, transmissions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.