Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. confirms its new 24-valve 5.4L Triton V-8 will power the next-generation Ford F-150 pickup. Full production begins next year, but plant manager Aaron McKey confirms “limited production” of the new powerplant has begun. The engines are being shipped to Australia “for the Ford Falcon range.” Sources have told Ward’s it will power a new sedan there called the Barra. The auto maker’s announcement culminates a 3-year C$770 million ($485 million) expansion of its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.