COLOGNE, Germany – Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally joins European management for the celebration of the volume-production start of the new 1.0L 3-cyl. EcoBoost gasoline engine at the auto maker’s plant here. The Cologne engine facility is seeing a significant change in its production program. The first serial 1.0L powerplant left the plant Wednesday and the last 4.0L V-6 engine was built Thursday. The new 1.0L engine is Ford’s smallest gasoline powerplant. The turbocharged direct- ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.