Ford Motor Co. is homogenizing the styling on the '00 Taurus and loading it up with safety features, including new smart air bags, in hopes of generating more retail sales. Sport/utility vehicles and pickups may be the rage in the U.S., but Ford is confident that focusing on the Taurus's safety features will help it stand out against vehicles such as the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Ford used a similar approach with its Windstar, touting the minivan's industry-leading crash safety ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.