DEARBORN, MI – Ford hopes to attract buyers of European and Japanese “hot hatches” with its new performance-oriented Focus ST hatchback set to debut next year, a top marketer says. “This is a part of the segment we haven’t participated in – a Euro-centric hot hatch – for going on six years,” Robert Parker, Ford global market manager, says referring to the Focus SVT that went out of production after the ’04 model year. “We’re thinking (we could attract) some Volkswagen GTI, Subaru WRX ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.