Ford Motor Co. hopes to challenge Navistar International Transportation Corp. and its 43.5% share of the Class 6 and 7 truck market with the launch of its all-new line of F-650/750 commercial trucks. The design of Ford's newest work trucks, which will replace the long-standing F-800 for the '00 model year, follows closely that of the automaker's comparatively diminutive F-250 through F-550 Super Duty line. In fact, the Class 6 and 7 trucks share 80% of the cab components of their smaller ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.