Ford Motor Co. confirms its next-generation Mustang will be assembled in Flat Rock, MI, and tells Ward’s the resulting $644 million investment will add a second shift at AutoAlliance International Inc.’s plant. The Mustang concept displayed at this year’s auto show in Detroit, hints strongly at Ford’s next-generation pony car. Following construction of a new body shop that will enable the plant to accommodate two distinct platforms, production begins in the fall of 2004, Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.