BEIJING — China's automotive experts say Ford Motor Co.'s bid for Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. will help the U.S. automaker strengthen its grip in the Chinese market. Ford was named chief bidder for the ailing South Korean automaker earlier this summer, beating out rival General Motors Corp. as well as a DaimlerChrysler AG/Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. joint bid. Ford primarily is interested in Daewoo in order to gain access to the tightly guarded Korean automotive market, Asia's second largest, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.