RAYONG province, Thailand — The Ford Motor Co.-Mazda Motor Corp. duo is doing so well peddling 1-ton pickup trucks in Thailand that automobiles now have been added to the local lineup. While the numbers still are small, the trend lines are encouraging and the marketing impressive. “The Ford team has gone from zero to over 15% of the pickup market in two years,” says Michael Dunne, president of Automotive Resources Asia Ltd., a consulting firm based in Bangkok. Dunne adds that the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.