A deal that would transfer ownership of Ford Motor Co.’s Sandusky, OH, lighting plant to Meridian Automotive Systems has been scuttled following opposition from the United Auto Workers, a union official says. The plant, which operates under the auspices of Ford’s Automotive Components Holdings LLC subsidiary, employs some 850 people and supplies 70% of the lighting systems for the auto maker’s North American vehicle lineup. ACH is composed of orphaned manufacturing plants and other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.