LIMA, OH – Ford Motor Co. is working on a strategy to brand its engines in much the same way Chrysler Group does with its Hemi mill, says Barb Samardzich, vice president-powertrain. “We absolutely recognize that’s an opportunity we have to be aggressively going after,” Samardzich tells Ward’s at an event here celebrating the auto maker’s new 3.5L V-6 Duratec 35 engine. “I would really like to have that brand recognition; it’s crucially important,” she says, adding she would like to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.