Ford Motor Co.’s recent $630 million investment in its Kocaeli, Turkey, facility to support production of a next-generation Transit has pundits wondering whether the European commercial van will replace the E-Series fullsize van in North America. While the Transit boasts a more upright body style and the E-series (Econoline) is a traditional box-type work van, both are offered with a variety of engine choices and come available in multiple configurations. The timing seems right to make ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.