DETROIT – Up to 25,000 ’04-model Escapes will feature hybrid-electric powertrains, Ward’s has learned. When the vehicle bows in late 2003, says a source close to the Ford Motor Co. program, between 20,000 and 25,000 units – 10% to 13% of 2001 production – will be powered by an electric motor mated to the auto maker’s new, Mazda Motor Corp.-engineered 2.3L I-4 internal combustion engine. See related story While these numbers seem ambitious in the wake of last year’s total hybrid sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.