Ford Motor Co. will open a new plant in Vsevolozhsk in the Leningrad region of Russia on July 9, Russian news reports indicate. The plant will produce the Focus, which will go in sale locally in July, reports say. Production originally had been slated to begin in January. Ford expects to build 4,000 vehicles at the plant this year, but has invested $150 million at the location and hopes to increase production to 25,000 unit annually long term.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.