Ford Motor Co., with a little help from Toyota Motor Corp.’s multi-million vehicle recall, outsold the Japanese giant in the U.S. in January by 15,630 units, Ward’s data shows. Ford sales jumped 35.6% in the month to 114,426 on a daily basis (24 selling days vs. 26 year-ago). Toyota delivered 98,796 units for an 8.7% drop compared with like-2008. January’s results marked the first time since May Ford has beaten Toyota and the first time since January 1999 Toyota’s U.S. sales have fallen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.