Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. lost production of an estimated 1,600-1,700 vehicles this week due to the Canadian National Railway Co. strike. The losses include about 1,000 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis fullsize cars at the St. Thomas, Ont., plant, 300-350 Freestar and Monterey minivans at the Oakville, Ont., plant and an estimated 300-350 F-Series pickups at the Ontario Truck facility. The Canadian Auto Workers union launched a strike Feb. 20, and CAW workers at the Ford plants refused ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.