Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is considering ending Australian production of 6-cyl. engines for the Falcon sedan and replacing them with a smaller-capacity, imported V-6 mill, an Australian website reports. The possible move is seen as a way for the auto maker to have its 6-cyl. engines comply with the new Euro IV emissions standards to be introduced in Australia over the next three years, GoAuto.com.au says. “We’re looking at a whole range of future powertrain technologies for Falcon ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.