Despite casting the supplier off on its own three years ago, Ford Motor Co. this week agrees to take responsibility for $1.65 billion of Visteon Corp.’s future hourly retiree benefits, which include health care and life insurance. The deal comes in the wake of speculation former parent Ford would bail out the supplier to help it remain competitive. In exchange for the payment of retiree costs, Visteon is giving Ford $150 million for 2003 North American price reductions on sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.