Ford Motor Co. currently is working on a longer version of its Expedition SUV with the goal of outstretching the 219.3-in. (557-cm) Chevrolet Suburban, sources tell Ward’s. The vehicle could bow as early as 2006, but likely will not be ready for the ’06 model year, sources say. Ford plans a longer Expedition. The Expedition is due to be redesigned for ’07, but it is unclear whether there will be a long-wheelbase version in addition to a regular-length Expedition, or whether the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.