DETROIT—Ford Motor Co. plans to launch nine new engines and six new transmissions in North America this year as part of a 5-year endeavor to update the entire powertrain lineup. Barb Samardzich, vice president-Global Powertrain Engineering, says the initiative began in 2008 and will continue through 2013. Globally the push for a new powertrain lineup will result in 60 new or significantly upgraded engines, she says today at a sneak peak of Ford’s North American International Auto Show ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.