VIENNA – Ford Motor Co. is postponing start of production of a new model at its Ford Romania S.A. plant in Craiova, Romania, because of the global economic crisis. Ford took a majority share in the facility in March 2008 and launched assembly of its new Transit Connect commercial van in September 2009. The factory formerly belonged to the now-defunct Daewoo Automobile Romania SA. According to the original privatization contract signed with the Romanian government, production of a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.