Well before Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally initiated his “One Ford” strategy, which calls for all divisions to operate on a collaborative global basis, work was under way to merge powertrain operations, a top executive says. “We’re lucky we started on a global journey long before ‘One Ford,’” Barb Samardzich, vice president-global powertrain engineering, says in an interview with Ward’s. “(We looked) at where the hub of technology and expertise was (globally); who is more vested in it; ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.