Despite a $100 million first-quarter pre-tax profit that represents a $382 million gain over like-2007, Ford Motor Co. is keeping the champagne on ice. The auto maker’s North American operations, which are critical to its success, remains in the red. And while restructuring “is taking hold,” says CEO Alan Mulally, Ford must “continue to take actions to stay on our plan.” Ford First Quarter Financial Results 2008 2007 % Chg. Sales $43,513 $43,005 1.2 Net Income $100 ($282) 135.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.