Ford Motor Co. has nearly completed its ramp-up for volume production of a light-duty 4.4L diesel engine at its Chihuahua, Mexico, engine plant, according to published reports and sources close to the program. The engine is expected to make its way into the Ford F-150 pickup and Expedition SUV. Further details on the light-duty diesel are expected later this month when the ’09 F-150 makes its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Ford declines comment on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.