Ford Motor Co. is calling back 792,000 pickups and SUVs due to a risk of fire. Affected are ’00 model F-150 pickups and Expedition and Navigator SUVs, plus ’01 model F-Series Supercrew pickups. Ford says defective speed-control switches could cause an under-hood fire. The auto maker plans to deactivate switches, then have owners bring the vehicles back to dealers a second time for replacement switches once they become available. Ford says it will begin to notify owners of the recall by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.