VIENNA – Ford reintroduces a third production shift at its plant this week in Vsevolozhsk, near St. Petersburg, Russia, bringing the facility back to its full annual capacity of 125,000 units. The factory reverted to two shifts in 2009 as a result of the global economic crisis, and now has hired 500 new employees to work the extra shift. Ford produces the previous-generation Focus and Mondeo models in Russia. Last year, the Vsevolozhsk facility built 80,390 cars, up 94.3% from 2009, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.