To ensure flawless launches of key ’05 models, Ford Motor Co. is prepared to shoulder high initial costs and work to reduce them after the fact. Ford’s production costs for ’05 vehicles, such as the Five Hundred, will need to be cut following launch. It’s a strategy the auto maker employed for the Ford F-150 pickup, and it appears it will also apply to key new vehicles being launched this year including the Ford Five Hundred sedan, Freestyle cross/utility vehicle and Mustang ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.