DEARBORN, MI – Ford’s top Asia/Pacific executive scoffs at criticism that the auto maker’s ambitious growth plans for the region are unrealistic. “A lot of people said they’re too aggressive,” Joe Hinrichs, president of Ford Asia Pacific and Africa and chairman and CEO of Ford China, tells journalists here. “But the plan is doable.” The auto maker last month unveiled its plan to boost worldwide sales 50% by mid-decade to 8 million units, with much of the increase coming from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.