DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. will further penetrate the cross/utility vehicle (CUV) segment in 2004, Ward’s has learned. Sources say the vehicle -- code-named D219 and resembling a fusion of beefy wagon and streamlined SUV -- will roll off the line at Ford’s Chicago Assembly Plant. Chris Theodore, Ford’s vice president-North American product, confirms the No.2 auto maker has a CUV in its pipeline, having previously stated “segment-busters” are under development. See related story Asked ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.