WINDSOR, Ont., Canada – Workers at the Essex Engine Plant here would love to build the new V-6 engine Ford Motor Co. is planning to put into production later this decade. Essex Engine will build V-6s for products such as ’04 Mercury Monterey until 2006. As a producer of V-6 engines, Essex Engine is a contender, is all David T. Szczupak, Ford vice president-Powertrain Operations, will say. The leading contender is thought to be Ford’s Lima, OH, engine plant. The Windsor, Ont., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.