COVENTRY, U.K. – A breakthrough has taken place here that will have a lasting impact on the way future cars are designed. For the first time, a production car was approved for manufacturing using only digital data, saving thousands of dollars and enabling the lead supplier to meet a tight launch date. ’05 Ford GT supercar The car is the ’05 Ford GT supercar, launched in the third quarter. "It is the first car we have worked on that has been signed off for production tools on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.