DEARBORN, MI – Nostalgia should go a long way in driving sales of the new ’11 Mustang GT, powered by a modern version of the iconic 5.0L V-8 engine, says Ford Motor Co.’s top marketer. “I always dreamed about working at Ford because of a 1985 Fox-bodied 5.0L Mustang,” says Jim Farley, group vice president-global marketing, referring to the shortened Ford Fairmont chassis that first underpinned the Mustang in ʼ79. “I loved that car. And finally after all these years, I have a Mustang I ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.