DETROIT – UAW President Ron Gettelfinger likens the union’s relationship with new Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally to his own marriage. “I always tell people that (my wife) Judy and I have difficulty at home once in a while,” he says. “That (doesn’t) mean that we don’t get a long and have a great marriage. The same thing here.” As director of UAW’s Aerospace Div. in 1999, Gettelfinger was in negotiations with Mulally, the celebrated former CEO. The Boeing Co.’s commercial aircraft ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.