DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. is backing away from the practice of requiring suppliers to own tooling and entrenching its efforts to oversee the supply stream and product engineering, especially of modules where most of the content comes from lower-tier suppliers, Nick Scheele, president and chief operating officer tells Ward’s. Nick Scheele “We’ve taken a look at supplier relationships and it was clear that we got ourselves in a situation with some suppliers where we were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.