The fate of the Ford Crown Victoria sedan and Ford Motor Co.’s dominance of the police-car sector in the U.S. may depend on talks between the auto maker and the Canadian Auto Workers union slated for September. Depending on how those negotiations turn out, it could mean the end of the line for Ford’s St. Thomas, ON, Canada, assembly plant and the Crown Vic, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car built there. As of the moment, there’s no product allocated to St. Thomas beyond 2011, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.