DETROIT – With the proliferation of Eaton Corp.’s Roots-type superchargers in its high-performance lineup, Ford Motor Co. is adhering to the old adage: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Ford’s revelation that it will build a production version of its GT40 supercar concept brings to seven the number of formally announced vehicle programs to feature the popular boosters. The others are Ford’s ’02 SVT F-150 Lightning, ’02 Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew and ’03 SVT Mustang Cobra, along with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.