Ford Motor Co.’s Special Vehicle Team is persevering during the country’s economic recession, but the division’s chief engineer warns increasing consumer interest in fuel-efficient vehicles may temper the high-performance sector. “I think the whole ‘green’ movement will affect the performance business, and we have to be cognizant of that,” Jamal Hameedi tells Ward’s. “Even in a 540-hp car, fuel economy still is relevant for us and will continue to be so.” Yet, in Europe, where gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.