DETROIT – With Ford Motor Co.’s Special Vehicle Team (SVT) taking the leading engineering role on the upcoming GT40, expect a war between the new performance sports coupe and the Dodge Viper to begin. Ford plans to give the Viper a run for its money when the GT40 hits the pavement, according to SVT’s Chief Engineer, John Coletti, who warns the Dodge product development staff the GT40 “will reduce your Viper to something between a garter snake and an earthworm.” See related story: Ford to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.