Ford Motor Co. and Microsoft Corp.’s new multi-media system, Sync, will be nearly impossible to detect inside an equipped vehicle, says a product development manager who heads up the project. Other than a small microphone hidden in the mirror, a USB port and steering wheel controls, the system will be integrated completely with a vehicle’s internal systems, says Gary Jablonski, product development manager-Infotainment Systems. “It’s a standalone feature,” he says. “The best way to think ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.