DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. shows off the fruit of its 3-year-old North American virtual build program with the forthcoming introduction of three domestic sedans spawned from the new CD3 (Mazda6-derived) architecture slated for ’06 introduction. All three vehicles – Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr – are Ford’s first cars to be completely developed in a North American-based data-driven virtual environment in which manufacturing and product-development engineers collaborate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.