DETROIT – The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. is high on start/stop technology, but doesn’t share Ford Motor Co.’s enthusiasm about its potential impact on fuel consumption. Ford recently announced it would be adding stop/start technology, which shuts down the engine at stops and quickly restarts it when the accelerator is depressed, to all of its North American vehicles equipped with its direct-injected turbocharged EcoBoost engines. The auto maker says its patented new Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.